Our research strengths include a strong evidence-based approach to services and health program evaluation, with a proven record of achievement in preventive, clinical and occupational (chronic diseases) epidemiology and development of population health databases through record linkage.
Centres, groups and projects
- Aged Care Research and Evaluation: Evaluating the Commonwealth-funded Aged Care Assessment Program (ACAP) in Western Australia.
- Busselton Health Study: Manages and maintains the Busselton Health Study database.
- The Cardiovascular Research Group: Aims is to reduce the burden of disease through research into trends and determinants of acute events, treatment, management and outcomes.
- Centre for the Built Environment and Health: A multi-disciplinary centre undertaking policy-relevant research that builds capacity and influences planning and urban design policy and practice, to create healthy and sustainable communities.
- Centre for Health Services Research: An intellectual leader in its field in Australia through its work with linked medical and health data and the evaluation of health services, patient safety, surgical care and pharmaco-epidemiology.
- Ecology and Health: Analysing the relationship between ecosystem health and human health.
- Environmental Epidemiology: A group of researchers working on causes and prevention of cancer.
- Marine Safety Research: Exploring all aspects of marine safety with a specific focus on recreational boaters.
- Occupational Respiratory Epidemiology: Investigates cancer and respiratory diseases outcomes due to occupational and environmental exposures, in particular asbestos, silica and the aluminium industry.
- Nursing Research: Undertaking key research in maternal and child health, mental health, acute care nursing practice, nurse sensitive outcomes, resuscitation, cardiovascular epidemiology.
- Research Unit for Social Policy and Social Work Innovation: Coordinates research and consultancy activities relating to a broad range of social policy and practice issues.
- Women's Health: With a particular focus on reproductive health, childbirth and chronic illness including cancer and the health impacts of caring.
Interested in doing research with us?
Many of our research groups have postgraduate research project opportunities available. Some of the projects you could do are in our latest research projects book: